I’ve never been a big V day person and I definitely will not be found on Sunday rolling around in rose petals eating heart shaped things and wearing pink underwear. My boyfriend genuinely sent me an iPhone calendar invite for a meal on Sunday. That’s where my life is at. Romance is not dead, and on Sunday I intend to eat my bodyweight in Turkish food and then nurse a food baby on the sofa.
Through the years though, it’s given me some great nights out, hilarious ironic cinema trips (all the single ladies) and most importantly- damn good food. Even if you aren’t going to be rolling through town on a whirlwind of romantic drinks, candlelit dinners and cocktails with your significant other, here’s 14 V day bits to do, eat or treat yo’self to:
1) Breakfast for dinner at the Breakfast Club. Nothing says true love like a stack of pancakes as big as your head.
2) Cocktails at the Shoreditch Grind. The apple of my eye martini is well worth a purchase.
3) THIS JUMPER– My boyfriend is so handsome looking all invisible and shit
4) All of the chocolatey goodness and tips to make someone VERY happy from Thorntons.
5) Anti-Valentines nights out. Because sober Monday mornings are overrated.
6) Battersea Cats and Dogs home- feline lonely? Hang out with cats, get some complimentary bubbly and find the little kitty of your dreams.
7) Flight Club, Shoreditch. For anyone who wants to forget about love and throw sharp things. This is place is ridiculously fun.
8) Bottomless brunches in London. This will make someone love you if they don’t already, or just please mates enormously.
9) Proper tasty– I’ve just discovered these food geniuses and basically want to stay in forever and make every single recipe. You do not need to go out to eat well.
10) Bloody Valentines Cabin at The York and Albany. Twisted, anti-love fun. No romance, just a blood-spattered room and food to die for.
11) This ASOS heart sweater, just because.
12) Documentary day indoors with your one true love- bed.
13) Rock N Rose red rose flower crown because you should be able to wear flowers on Valentines day. Or just buy and save for festival season, obvs.
14) The Hotel Chocolat Hearts and Truffles box. Aside from their Gin Puddles, the truffles are the BEST sweet treats they do.